Robert Heinlein said “An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
I have a few things to say about the recent publicized mass shootings (Chicago and the Navy Yard), just random thoughts:
- Most people killed with guns are not killed in mass shootings. Although it’s splashy and attracts media attention, mass shootings are much like airplane crashes. Spectacular, but not statistically interesting. It’s exactly as stupid to demand that we ban airplanes after every crash as to demand we ban guns after every mass shooting.
- Chicago has draconian gun control laws. Yeah, they’re working great.
- The body count in mass shootings goes way down when anyone in the field of fire has a gun. There are multiple examples of this. Trolley Square in Salt Lake City, Tacoma Mall (where the hero got shot, but kept a lot of other people from dying). A ton of other examples are out there. The megachurch where the armed female stopped the shooter, etc.
- In society, our society, not Syrian society, there are a lot more good guys than bad guys. Arm the good guys and the bad guys will STFU.
- Disarming good people as a condition of employment is just advertising “good place to do a mass shooting!”
- Would we be better off as a society if everyone knew there were lots of people around them carrying concealed weapons? We are a society where there are lots of criminals carrying concealed weapons. Think Chicago, you liberal idiots where your idiotic laws have made criminals fearless and good people having to decide every day whether to break the law or take their chances. There are real consequences to real people who are good people to your gun-phobia Nelly-ness. Would we be better off if all those criminals ignoring gun laws had to worry about the problem of all those people like me who might also have a weapon?
- There’s no question that a mass shooter would have a hard time getting to his body count goal if anyone in his field of fire had a gun. Maybe if most citizens carried a gun there’d be bar fights that would turn deadly, or more road rage fatalities, but that’s not what stupid liberals cite as reason to ban guns. Gun banners are all about using the anomalous mass shooting as the talking point. If mass shootings are what we should focus on, then it’s obvious that arming the prospective victims is the right thing to do. Logic, liberal motherfucker, do you speak it? Oh, and as for bar fights and road rage, see the quote at the top of this post.
- It’s obviously a good idea to make a bad guy with a gun worry about whether the targets might have a gun.
- It doesn’t matter whether I have a gun or not if I want to kill someone. That stupid bitch in front of me who missed the light to get on the freeway because she was putting on mascara? I can catch up to her in another 20 seconds and ram her with my vehicle to teach her a lesson she will only get to apply in heaven. She’s annoyed the hell out of hundreds, if not thousands, of people and she’s still alive being a dumb bitch. A good society is one where she gets to mascara another day.
- I don’t have a gun on me right now, but without 15 seconds of thought, I could go out right now, in my neighborhood, and kill a lot of people without using a gun. We all have lethal force to use intentionally or unintentionally against friends and strangers. Kitchen knives, people, they are lethal.
- And how many of the 15K or so people who get shot and killed every year actually deserved it or did it to themselves? (The answer is, most of them). Most people who get killed by guns either deserved it or did it to themselves. It might be a good thing if we upped the number of people killed by guns every year. Seriously, the majority of people killed by guns needed to be killed. Guns kill bad people mostly, unlike cars.
- At least a quarter million good people don’t get killed each year because they had a gun to confront a bad guy with a gun. Bad guys are afraid of people with guns.
- If you are in favor of restricting guns, I hope a guy with a gun makes you do what he wants you to do. And you don’t have a gun. Welcome to your self-inflicted Clockwork Orange world, asshole.